2010-03-30

quotes, page one

"When Hitler came for the Jews... I was not a Jew, therefore, I was not concerned. And when Hitler attacked the Catholics, I was not a Catholic, and therefore, I was not concerned. And when Hitler attacked the unions and the industrialists, I was not a member of the unions and I was not concerned. Then, Hitler attacked me and the Protestant church — and there was nobody left to be concerned."
- Pastor Martin Niemoller, Congressional Record, October 14, 1968, vol. 114, p. 31636.

"Oh, this is going to be cute: meeting her parents half in the bag..."
- Shawn Darling, 9907.05

"Coasters, guys!"
- Eric Darling, 9907.08

"Think what you want, but say/do the right thing."
- Dad (Gil Fonseca), many times

"How long have philosophers warned us that autocratic, stupid, and gratuitous legislation- speed limits, gun control, alcohol and drug prohibition, confiscatory taxes, seizure decrees, environmental edicts, "health and safety" measures- nourish a people's contempt for law and order?"
- Culture of Harmlessness by L. Neil Smith Special to the Libertarian Enterprise

"If a girl doesn't like me because I'm not wearing $150 jeans, then Fuck You"
- Sean Glynn, 9909.25 @ 1:27

"...although I feel that I know a tremendous lot, I am not yet aware how much there is in the world to find out about. It will take me a little time to discover whether I am very wise or very foolish."
- Jack Pumpkinhead in The Land of Oz

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H.L. Mencken, quoted by Art Bell

"Only an idiot thinks he knows things about things he knows nothing about!"
- The Hudsucker Proxy

"There is no gravity, the world just sucks."
- Player, posted on usenet

"Why, if you are angry because you want to do magical things and can't, and if you don't want to get angry at all, my advice is not to want to do magical things."
- the Nome King's chief counselor to the Nome King in The Emerald City of Oz

No comments:

Post a Comment